Rubber Ducky Goes Home on ‘The Masked Singer’ Season 10 Premiere

Summer is over, and America’s most important sport is back in season: The Masked Singer.

Season 10 of the strangest competition show on Earth kicked off on September 10 with a special episode featuring a handful of clues about new contestants, as well as performances from alumni including Butterfly (Michelle Williams), Lion (Rumer Willis) and Rabbit (Joey Fatone).

While the new season doesn’t officially start until September 27, the “Season 10 Kickoff” introduced — and unmasked — Anonymouse, who stunned panelists Ken Jeong, Robin Thicke, Nicole Scherzinger and Jenny McCarthy with a performance of Heart’s “What About Love.”

Season 10’s contestants are lucky Anonymouse wasn’t really part of the competition, because there’s no question she would have taken home the Golden Mask. “Anonymouse, you are a pistol and you just blew the roof off this place,” Scherzinger gushed. “Thank you for kicking off season 10. You are a force of nature!”

Keep scrolling for a complete guide of all the contestant clues from The Masked Singer season 10:


Anonymouse
If Anonymouse’s incredibly distinctive voice wasn’t enough to alert the judges to her identity, her clue packages included plenty of hints. She said she was once named on the TIME100 list and has her handprints cemented in the sidewalk outside the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. “My acting career has cemented me as one talented mouse,” she said. “I started working young, but my big break came when I was able to showcase my voice.”  Visual clues included Nick Jonas, the state of Texas, a dinosaur and a tiara. Anonymouse also revealed that she’s experienced darker moments in her past. “Though my future was looking bright from the outside, I struggled with demons on the inside,” she said. “Eventually, I hit rock bottom. But that was the wakeup call I needed to finally realize I had so much more life to live.”  She went on to note that the panelists have been incorrectly guessing her since the show debuted. “It’s about time I stopped by,” she quipped.  Identity: Demi Lovato  FOX (2)
Rubber Ducky
During the season premiere, Rubber Ducky said he went from “nothing to fame” and started out “pretty humble.” He tried his hand at stand-up comedy before realizing it wasn’t for him, but he’s now “a household name.” Visual clues included a VHS tape that read “The Horror! 3-4” and a photo of Leonardo DiCaprio. His stage clue was an autographed photo of the Ducky family. “My family is full of stars,” he said. “Check out the headshot.” Identity: Anthony Anderson  Michael Becker/FOX (2)
S’more
“My life has been all about blazing my own trail,” S’more said in his first clue package during the September 27 premiere, adding that he went from “obscurity to major heartthrob status in a matter of weeks.” S’more also said that millions of people cheered him on “step by step” and that he’s traveled a lot  while “making headlines with fellow adventurers and idols.”  His visual clues were a tip jar, a Chicago-style deep dish pizza and a Christmas tree with an angel on top. His stage clue was a film reel “starring S’more.” He hinted, “As you can tell, I’m very talented on and off stage.”  Identity: TBD Us Weekly’s Best Guess: Ashley Parker Angel Michael Becker/FOX
Cow
“Cows like me don’t often make it out of their pen. When I was younger, I felt destined to stay home and live out a simple life in black and white,” Cow said during his first clue package on September 27. Cow said he had trouble handling his emotions before he learned he could channel his thoughts into writing. “After that, everything changed. The gift eventually led me to No. 1,” he explained. “I won Grammys, traveled the world and made hit after hit after hit. I guess you could say I was kind of my own cash cow!”  Cow’s visual clues included “two-step coffee,” a calendar turned to July 4, aviator wings and a Las Vegas magnet. The stage clue was a movie ticket, which Cow explained by saying, “One of the better things known about me all started with a moooovie.” Identity: TBD Us Weekly’s Best Guess: Shawn Stockman Michael Becker/FOX
Gazelle
Gazelle said the first clue to their identity is remembering which celebrity wore the Gremlin mask in season 4: Mickey Rourke.  “Like a gazelle, I’ve always leapt headfirst into opportunities to be on stage,” Gazelle said during her September 27 clue package. “After seeing a Broadway show at 6 years old, I knew that I wanted to perform for a living. When I was just a teenager, I took a huge chance and performed in a national talent competition, but I crashed and burned. It was super bad, and it made me almost swear off singing for good — but music was always my first love.”  For her onstage clue, the men in black brought out a vinyl record that read “movie soundtrack.” Gazelle hinted, “Not only do I act in movies, I also sing in them.” Her visual clues included a Hawaiian shirt, bulldogs and a poster reading, “Hello Doll!”  Identity: TBD  Us Weekly’s Best Guess: Lucy Hale  YouTube
Diver
“Usually, I’m pretty pumped, but lately, I’ve been lost in the abyss,” Diver said during his introduction. “I might be the most hated creature in the ocean right now.”  In the season 10 premiere, Diver’s first clue package hinted that he’s been through a major scandal. “Diving into a completely different persona feels like a nice escape. I’ve been everyone’s favorite person to hate, and to be honest, I get it,” he said. “I’m the first to admit I’ve made mistakes but, honestly, I did it for love. It hurts when I get judged by people who’ve never even met me, and I become a scapegoat for every bad dude they’ve ever known. But I’m hoping all that will melt away when I hit the stage. Getting to share my voice without the preconceived notion of who I am is really what I need right now. So, tonight, I’m really getting my head in the game because I’m not ready to go back to the real world just yet.”  Diver’s visual clues included a compass pointing in the direction “MW” and a suit of armor decorated with lion insignia. His final clue was the phrase “11 million eyes on Diver” written across a magazine cover. “The more people talk about my business, the more I went them out of it,” he told the panel.  Identity: TBD Us Weekly's Best Guess: Tom Sandoval Michael Becker / FOX
Royal Hen
“I’m not only known in America, but because of what I did I’m known around the world,” Royal Hen said for their first clue. Identity: TBD  YouTube
Husky
Husky’s first clue was a dollar bill printed with the (fictional) denomination of $10 million. “Here’s 10 million hints at who I am,” Husky explained.  Identity: TBD  YouTube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘That ’70s Show’ Cast: Where Are They Now?

‘The Wonder Years’ Cast: Where Are They Now?

J. Lo and Shakira’s Best Super Bowl 2020 Halftime Show Moments in GIFs