Tahzjuan Returns for Zach's Season of 'The Bachelor': 5 Things to Know

Fourth time’s a charm? After she’s called in to help host a group date on season 27 of The Bachelor, Tahzjuan Hawkins appears to have her eyes on Zach Shallcross.

Tahzjuan’s return was teased in the trailer for Zach’s season, and she appears alongside Victoria Fuller and Courtney Robertson on the Monday, January 30, episode of the ABC series. It’s been four years since viewers first met the Colorado native on Colton Underwood’s season 23 of The Bachelor.

While Tahzjuan was sent home during week 1 of the 2019 season, she made a name for herself on season 6 of Bachelor in Paradise when she infamously couldn’t handle the weather in Mexico.

“I had every intention of like, ‘OK, you’re going to get up, do your makeup, look great. You’re trying to find a man.’ And then I got down there, and I looked at everyone and I was like, ‘Why am I the only person having so many issues?’ I was there for just a couple of days. But the elements really got to me,” she told Refinery29 after her exit aired. “Going down to Paradise, you have all these expectations and once you’re actually thrown into all the relationships, it does become a hard environment to try and navigate.”

Despite her disdain for the heat, Tahzjuan returned for season 7 of BiP. While she had a connection with Bachelorette season 17 alum Tre Cooper, things got complicated when she realized she had kissed Tre’s uncle in the past.

Tahzjuan later said on the “Click Bait” podcast in September 2021 that things didn’t work out with uncle Anthony because they were at “different spaces in their life.”

Zach, for his part, kicked off his journey to find love on January 23 with 30 contestants. He teased how his season ends during an exclusive interview with Us Weekly.

“To be honest, there was not one moment throughout the entire filming where I wasn’t confident that she’s in this room,” he told Us of meeting his future spouse. “The love was so strong, and you couldn’t even ignore it, like, at all. And that was something that made me feel better, [the feeling of], ‘Yes, this is actually working. It’s not just a TV show.’ And then now, it’s like, ‘Oh s—t, I’m going home alone.’ I felt during the whole thing, ‘I think this is gonna work.’”

He added: “I’m very happy and I think fans are gonna be really surprised at the love journey.”

The Bachelor airs on ABC Mondays at 8 p.m. ET. Scroll through for more on Tahzjuan:


1. What Season of ‘The Bachelor’ Was Tahzjuan On?
Tahzjuan originally appeared on Colton’s season of The Bachelor, which aired in 2019. She was eliminated on the first night. Courtesy of Tahzjuan Hawkins/Instagram
2. What Seasons of ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Was Tahzjuan On?
Tahzjuan pursued John Paul Jones on season 6 of BiP. Despite struggling with the heat in Mexico, she returned for season 7. “I would try and give it another shot,” she told Refinery29 in 2019. “I am a hopeless romantic, so I would never turn down the opportunity to find my person.” ABC/Craig Sjodin
4. What Is Tahzjuan’s Job?
Tahzjuan is an associate broker at a real estate brokerage in Colorado. Courtesy of Tahzjuan Hawkins/Instagram
5. Tahzjuan Previously Defended Producers
After Blake Horstmann accused the show of editing a fake bug into a BiP season 7 scene, Tahzjuan slammed his claims. “Can we take a minute to discuss the bug? That was a real bug. There was no CGI. At all. I don’t freak out at weird, nonexistent things. Thanks Tre for helping me out,” she wore via Instagram Stories. “Blake, we gotta get you a new TV.” Broadimage/Shutterstock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luann de Lesseps: 'RHONY' Season 12 Is 'About Redemption' for Me

'Yellowjackets' Season 2 Teaser Features Chilling Flashbacks, Death and More

'Yellowjackets' Creator Hints at Season 2 Premiere Date