Biggest Reality TV Fights Ever: From ‘Real Housewives’ to ‘Jersey Shore’

On another level! Over the years, reality television has found its stride by putting the most unexpected moments on full display — including some serious feuds.

The dynamic between the women on the Real Housewives of Potomac changed drastically after costars Monique Samuels and Candiace Dillard got into a physical fight during season 5. What started out as a miscommunication about their friendship quickly escalated to Monique pulling Candiace’s hair while her other castmates tried to get her to let go.

“Anytime you get physical, that’s taking it to a whole other level. That’s real life,” Monique explained during an episode of Us Weekly‘s “Getting Real with the Housewives” podcast in September 2020. “I took that [moment] very seriously, because I’ve not been in any physical altercation since I was in grade school. I’m 36 years old. I have three kids and a whole husband. So, I’m like, ‘This is insane.’ It allowed me to go on a journey of just looking at certain things from childhood or just trying to figure out what are my triggers.”

But not everyone involved in the situation saw it the same way. Gizelle Bryant gave her opinion on the incident as a bystander — and she wasn’t thrilled with Monique’s behavior.

“I blame all this on Monique,” she told Us during an episode of the “Getting Real with the Housewives” podcast that same month. “It was a bad situation. It should have never happened and it should never have escalated into a physical altercation.”

While the RHOP stars never found common ground, there have been other altercations that paved the way to forgiveness.

Siesta Key star Juliette Porter reflected on her fight with castmate Chloe Trautman in May 2021, telling Us that “getting physical [and] violent” was something she deeply regretted.

Chloe said at the time that the experience was a lesson for her. “I really don’t regret anything that I’ve ever done in my life,” she told Us.

She added: “I definitely have not been perfect, and my words have always not been anointed and they have not always been kind, but they have taught me a lot, and I’m just really, really grateful that I’ve gone through this transformation I’ve gone through because I look back and I know everything I don’t want to be because of it, and life is forever a lesson. No one gets to the finish line and is like, ‘I’m perfect now.’”

Scroll down to relive reality TV arguments that escalated from verbal issues into physical fights:


Ciara Miller and Danielle Olivera
During season 6 of Summer House, Ciara Miller confronted Lindsay Hubbard about her relationship with Austen Kroll and Danielle Olivera stepped in to defend her friend. The fight resulted in Ciara throwing her wine glass at Danielle. “It was a buildup of things. There were a lot of, you know, pent-up emotions that I kind of let go for a long time,” the nurse exclusively told Us in January 2022. “And honestly, I came into that dinner, very hot. There was a lot of information being thrown around and I definitely reacted. I let my emotions get the best of me and I kind of just, I lost my [cool] to be frank.” One month earlier, Danielle revealed how the shocking turn of events affected her. “After the wine was thrown, she threw the wine glass and it shattered on my chest. I’m like, ‘What the f—k? Like, are you kidding me?’” the entrepreneur shared with Us in December 2021. She added: “And so, the truth is the next day, I saw bruises — like I had bruises — but Craig [Conover], who was there that weekend, he was, like, ‘Oh my God, I pulled you away that hard.’ ... No, the bruises were because of that wine glass that she threw at me and shattered on my chest bone. I’m not OK. I’m not OK about it.” Charles Sykes/Bravo (2)
Monique Samuels and Candiace Dillard
The RHOP costars got into a physical altercation during a season 5 episode, which aired in October 2020. Monique grabbed Candiace by the hair during the incident and then proceeded to pull her down. Us confirmed the following month that Monique was charged with second-degree assault. The “Not for Lazy Moms” podcast host filed a counter claim against Candiace the same month. Both assault charges were dismissed in December 2020.   Shutterstock (2)
Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and Jen Harley
The exes had a tumultuous relationship since the beginning of their romance in 2017.   Ronnie and Jen were involved in a public altercation while filming Jersey Shore: Family Vacation in June 2018. At the time the police determined that "a battery did not take place." During the episode, executive producer SallyAnn Salsano stepped in to try to help the reality stars. “We always try to avoid it. I know there are other shows that try to go for it a little more and I think there’s always reasons as to why it happens. In this case, it really wasn’t a thought-out process. It was a reaction to what you do when a friend or someone you love is going through something,” the producer said in an exclusive interview with Us in August 2018. The estranged couple continued to face challenges in their relationship before splitting in 2019. Kristina Bumphrey/StarPix/Shutterstock; Broadimage/Shutterstock
Sheree Whitfield and Kim Zolciak-Biermann
During season 2 of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Sheree pulled Kim’s wig while they were in the middle of a verbal fight. “I felt the need to tug on her wig,” Sheree explained during the 2009 episode. “I did not try to pull it off. I did not want to pull it off. I just wanted to shift it a little bit.” Shutterstock; Ralph Notaro / MEGA
Juliette Porter and Chloe Trautman
The twosome faced off during a January 2020 episode of Siesta Key after Chloe warned Juliette about her boyfriend at the time, Robby Hayes. Chloe continued to say that she didn't feel like their friendship was being valued the way it should. “There is no friendship with us, apparently, because I thought we were good friends,” Juliette said at the time. Chloe slapped Juliette’s hand during the verbal altercation, and it quickly got worse when Juliette punched Chloe in the head and pulled her hair. Courtesy of MTV (2)
Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore
During the season 6 reunion of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, which aired in 2014, Porsha and Kenya found themselves at odds. After Porsha threatened Kenya in the 2014 episode, she proceeded to pull the former Miss USA down to the ground and dragged her across the floor. Getty Images
Aviva Drescher and Heather Thomson
The Real Housewives of New York City costars ended up in an unfortunate situation during a July 2014 episode. In the middle of an argument, Aviva took off her prosthetic leg and slammed it on the table. “The only thing artificial or fake about me is this!” she added.   Shutterstock (2)
Kristin Cavallari and Audrina Patridge
The Very Cavallari alum arrived on The Hills with a bang, starting with a fight with her costar over her ex Justin Bobby Brescia. “Is it gonna be like this?” the Uncommon James founder yelled at Audrina. “Because if it’s gonna be like this, then it’s f--king on, bitch!”   Shutterstock (2)
Kristen Doute and Stassi Schroeder
Things got heated after the Next Level Basic author spent the entire second season of Vanderpump Rules trying to figure out if Kristen hooked up with her ex Jax Taylor. The James Mae designer denied the accusations, only to later admit that she had sex with Jax twice — but not before Stassi slapped her across the face.   Mediapunch/Shutterstock; Stephen Lovekin/Shutterstock
Danielle Staub and Margaret Josephs
The Real Housewives of New Jersey costars had their fair share of drama throughout the seasons, but the situation eventually came to a head after Margaret poured a drink over Danielle's head during season 10 of the Bravo show. At Teresa Guidice's suggestion, Danielle grabbed Margaret by her ponytail and dragged her. Bruce Glikas/Bruce Glikas/Getty Images; Theo Wargo/Getty Images

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luann de Lesseps: 'RHONY' Season 12 Is 'About Redemption' for Me

'Yellowjackets' Season 2 Teaser Features Chilling Flashbacks, Death and More

'Yellowjackets' Creator Hints at Season 2 Premiere Date