Below Deck Sailing Yacht's Biggest Drama Through the Years

Their fair share of drama! Below Deck Sailing Yacht may just be getting started, but the drama has already reached unexpected heights.

During season 2 of the hit show, the crew was rocked with a shocking twist when Dani Soares claimed that Jean-Luc Cerza Lanaux was the father of her baby.

“He hasn’t supported me at all in any way. He thinks it is not his child and he doesn’t want to have anything to do with it,” Dani explained during the June 2021 reunion episode after finally confirming that she got pregnant after their time together.

Jean-Luc, who wasn’t able to attend the reunion with the rest of his cast members, later spoke with Andy Cohen and even left an emotional message to his ex.

“Dani, what we had on the show for me was real. I don’t care what anybody says, even now that we’re going through what we are going through. What I felt for you, and the time that we had, was genuine. Everything that I ever said to you was true,” the deckhand said to the camera.

Jean-Luc tried to offer a fresh start after continuously asking for a DNA test before he would acknowledge Dani’s pregnancy.

“The fact that we are at where we are now, I am really sorry and I would assume to say that most of it is my fault,” he admitted. “Maybe it’s because I am the boy that you think that I am. With that being said, I want to be there for you.”

He concluded his speech, saying, “Though you may not want anything to do with me because of me asking you for a paternity test, that’s something that I can get over. But what I can’t get over if this is my child is not being there for her.”

The exes have not spoken about their situation publicly since their separate appearances at the reunion, but Dani did open up to Us Weekly about life as a single mom.

“Not having a partner makes it hard for me to have time to shower, eat a meal with no rush or simply [sitting] down alone for a few minutes. I could definitely use [help] with having a nanny coming in even just for a couple hours a day so I could take care of myself and recharge,” the reality star, who gave birth to her daughter two months prior, exclusively told Us in July 2021. “At the moment I can only recharge when a friend comes over, and obviously, they have their lives and can’t be here every day.”

The Bravo personality noted that her support system in Australia was always there for her.

“I couldn’t be doing this without them,” she added at the time. “They come over a couple times a week and save my mental health.”

Scroll down for more of Below Deck Sailing Yacht‘s shocking moments:


Glenn’s Major Accident
After dealing with a prior issue on the yacht, the deck crew weren't prepared for the crash that followed immediately after that . Glenn Shepard admitted that "hitting the dock like that can be a season ending incident," according to an interview with E! News in May 2021. Colin MacRae later weighed in on what caused the accident. "To this day we have no idea what exactly went wrong. Which kinda sucks because if we knew why, we would be able to fix whatever went wrong," he wrote via Instagram in May 2021. "It’s like when your computer sometimes freezes without any warning or explanation. Just terrible luck I guess…" Laurent Basset/Bravo
Jean-Luc and Dani’s Baby
Even though Dani didn't want to speak badly about Jean-Luc, especially when he wasn't present to explain his side of the story, her cast members had plenty of opinions about his reaction to her pregnancy. "She's working so hard. She's doing 12-hour days. She's trying to get herself prepared as best as she can. And it is incredibly disgusting and frustrating that [Jean-Luc] won't even acknowledge the situation," Alli Dore said during the June 2021 reunion. "My heart breaks for Dani but she is so strong. I know that she can do this without him and will be better off."   Laurent Basset/Bravo(2)
Jenna and Adam’s Tumultuous Relationship
Sparks were flying when the chief stew and the chef initially met during season 1 of the Bravo series. Throughout the season though, the duo found themselves not only at odds with one another but with their fellow crew members as well. During the Below Deck Sailing Yacht reunion, Madison Stalker admitted that she felt "excluded" by her boss while she focused on her relationship and claimed Jenna made the second stew's life "a living hell" on board. Madison and Jenna made up during the June 2020 virtual reunion episode after the chief stew issued an apology to her team. That same month, Jenna, who is no longer seeing Adam, said some of the concerns were blown out of proportion. "There's definitely a misconception about how often we were engaged in PDA when other people were around that just people weren't around for it, and it wasn't excessive by any means," she told The Daily Dish at the time. "The second I felt happy and excited to find somebody that I really connected with, every force was coming at us to try and tear that down, and that was heartbreaking for me." Bravo (2)
Gary’s Love Triangle With Alli and Sydney
During the season 2 Below Deck Sailing Yacht reunion, Alli and Sydney called out Gary for not admitting that he had a girlfriend while trying to hook up with both of them at various times throughout filming. Gary, for his part, explained that he was in "a very complicated relationship" at the time. "I hadn't seen her for eight months prior to me coming on the show. Not seeing someone for eight months and growing apart in those months ... do we put a label on that? No," the bosun detailed during the June 2021 episode. Since then, Sydney has been in a new relationship and Allie welcomed her first baby with boyfriend Benny Thompson in August 2021.  Bravo (3)
The Overnight Storm
During season 3, Parsifal III encountered a sudden storm that caused the wind to pick up extremely quickly and things subsequently became dangerous for everyone on board. Deckhand Tom Pearson didn't realize what was happening while on anchor watch until the situation became very serious. "The whole thing was such a nightmare," Captain Glenn told E! News in March 2022. "It's as serious as it gets. I mean, there are boats, similar boats, who have been in the same situation where they didn't recover." The captain noted that the person meant to be keeping watch was "a massive disappointment," adding, "Everybody else pretty much — especially Gary and Colin — did an amazing exemplary job." Tom, for his part, later said that the incident would stay with him forever as he learned to "grow from this experience" in the future. "I completely 100% take responsibility for what happened That night, I have no excuses and I blame no one but myself. At the beginning I will admit I went into straight denial and didn’t want to think of the possibility that I could of caused a very serious situation," he wrote via Instagram that same month. "I know I said it at the time but I would like to apologise to the crew for putting you through that uncomfortable situation and to the guests we had onboard I really hope you know my apology is sincere and you deserved better from me that night. I was very distracted by things happening at home that was a very hard time for me but I know better than to let things take your eye off the ball during a night watch." Laurent Basset/Bravo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luann de Lesseps: 'RHONY' Season 12 Is 'About Redemption' for Me

'Yellowjackets' Season 2 Teaser Features Chilling Flashbacks, Death and More

'Yellowjackets' Creator Hints at Season 2 Premiere Date