Katie Thurston Warns Not to Date Thomas on 'BiP,' Details Blake's Video DM

Here’s hoping the cast of Bachelor in Paradise has access to podcasts in Mexico? Katie Thurston was candid about her Bachelorette journey during an appearance on Nick Viall’s podcast, making it clear that she doesn’t think her former contestant Thomas Jacobs would be a good choice for any Bachelor alums to date on the beach spinoff.

“I am nervous for any woman who interacts with Thomas, honestly. He’s a smooth talker,” the 30-year-old former banking manager said on the Wednesday, June 30, episode of the “Viall Files” podcast. “I wouldn’t be surprised if he recycles some lines with me on some of these women. … Good luck to them.”

Thomas, 29, was sent home by Katie during the Monday, June 28, episode of The Bachelorette amid questions about his intentions for being on the series after he admitted he thought about being the Bachelor. While ABC has yet to announce the cast for season 7 of BiP, Katie tweeted days after his exit aired that he would be “just fine” with a palm tree and water wave emoji.

When asked by the season 21 Bachelor if filming the show simply “brought out the worst” in Thomas, Katie wasn’t convinced.

“If I wanted to keep Thomas, I would have. My connection with him was, I think, more sexual than mental [or] emotional. He said all the right things and I wish they showed it, I questioned [him] very early on,” she explained on Wednesday. “I was like, ‘No one is this perfect.’ My intuition was like, ‘I don’t know about this guy.’ And the second Tre [Cooper] said what he said, I was like, ‘Boom! I’ve been thinking about this for weeks.’”

After Nick pushed and asked Katie whether she was “open” to Thomas “changing [her] mind” and “learning” during a stint on Bachelor in Paradise, she reiterated her feelings.

“No. If he’s on Paradise, I don’t care who he’s with, I’m going to be like, ‘Watch out, girl,’” Katie said.

Thomas, for his part, has yet to publicly respond to Katie’s comments but reflected on his Bachelorette journey via Instagram on Wednesday.

“Well, that was a whirlwind! Thankful for the experience and the lessons that came with it,” he wrote days after his exit aired. “All the support pouring in means the world and I have nothing but love for all of you đŸ’œ #DemonsterizedAF.”

The Bachelorette airs on ABC Mondays at 8 p.m. ET. Scroll through for the biggest revelations from Katie’s appearance on “Viall Files”:


She Didn’t Know About Andrew S. vs. Tre

During Monday’s episode, Andrew Spencer and Tre argued over whether to tell Katie about Thomas’ red flags. She told Nick that she didn’t know about their group date fight until she watched the episode.

“Andrew and Tre going at it. I had no idea that was going on. Like I think very highly of both of them,” she said. “And to see them kind of disagreeing was kind of a shock this episode. …  It's interesting to see the guys, like, interact when I'm not around and to get to watch that for the first time.”

Craig Sjodin/ABC (2)
Warnings About Thomas

According to Katie, Thomas admitted that he was “mean” to Tre during an unaired part of their one-on-one conversation, which she called “the nail in the coffin” for her regarding the San Diego native.

“Tre is, like, the most kindhearted man. Once I heard that I was like, if you can't handle, like, conversations — I've already experienced it firsthand, like, you aren't able to communicate in a normal, effective way — now, you're being mean to Tre, who's a sweetheart, I don’t have time for you,” she said. “I wasn't gonna waste any time with him. Like, yeah, he's hot and I really was hoping, to be honest, to take him [to] a fantasy suite, but I don't have time to waste.”

Katie added: “Thomas was the one who admitted it. He was just spilling words after words after words … like that conversation was way longer.”

 

Craig Sjodin/ABC
On Cutting Men Quick

“I'm going to make quick decisions and if all of a sudden, like, there's no guys left, that's not on me,” Katie said of eliminating the villains. “That's on casting, you know? If you’re going to bring s--tty guys here, that's not on my end.”

ABC/Craig Sjodin
Blake Moynes DMs

Katie previously confirmed exclusively to Us Weekly that she had messaged with Blake Moynes, who appeared on season 16 of The Bachelorette, before he crashed her season. During her chat with Nick, Katie revealed that Blake sent her a video message after her exit on Matt James’ season, noting that single men from the Bachelorette franchise often reach out to several Bachelor contestants.

“They send videos because then they disappear, so there's no, like, evidence. You send the one video like, ‘Hey, just want to say you did really good on Matt’s season, like, good luck,’” she said. “And then the video disappears. There's no evidence. So no offense to Blake, but he was one of, like, a bunch of them who had done it to either me or other girls, so I was like, ‘Whatever.’ … They’re kind of testing the water. … He wasn’t very obvious with his intentions.”  

Katie confirmed to Nick that she sent a video back but insisted their conversation didn't go very far. 

 

Craig Sjodin/ABC (2)
On Greg Being the Front-Runner

After Nick told Katie that it seems “obvious” to the audience that she is going to pick Greg Grippo, she said she was still “very open” to all of the men at this point in filming.

Craig Sjodin/ABC
She Gets Her Heart Broken

Katie confirmed to Nick that she gets her “heart broken” on the series. She also teased the series wrapping early, noting, “The end gets crazy. It’s, like, not traditional at all. And I’m like, ‘What the f—k is happening?’”

Craig Sjodin/ABC
More Villains

The Bachelor season 25 alum added that fans should “expect the unexpected” for the rest of the season — and there will be another villain emerging after the exits of Thomas, Karl and Cody. When asked whether there was “anyone worse than Thomas,” Katie said, “Yeah, he’s there. … I tried to get rid of the villains. I tried to get rid of them [like], ‘Boom, boom, boom, go,’ and then they just keep reappearing.”

 

ABC/Craig Sjodin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luann de Lesseps: 'RHONY' Season 12 Is 'About Redemption' for Me

'Yellowjackets' Season 2 Teaser Features Chilling Flashbacks, Death and More

'Yellowjackets' Creator Hints at Season 2 Premiere Date