Cole DeBoer Congratulates ‘Perfect’ Chelsea Houska After ‘Teen Mom 2’ Exit

It was love at first sight for Chelsea Houska and Cole DeBoer when they met at a gas station in South Dakota in 2014.

Years before she met Cole, however, Chelsea was a single mother of daughter Aubree, whom she shared with ex-boyfriend Adam Lind. While the Teen Mom 2 star often went back to her ex, she called things off for good with Adam after falling for Cole.

“Honestly, there’s just no one that I’ve met that’s so respectful and just nice and I trust him, which is a big deal, because it’s hard for me to trust people or guys, mostly,” Chelsea gushed to Us Weekly about her love in July 2015. “And he’s so sweet, kind of like old-fashioned gentleman type of guy.”

After tying the knot in October 2016, Chelsea and Cole started a family of their own. The aesthetician gave birth to their son, Waston Cole, in January 2017. Less than two years later, they became a family of five when Chelsea and Cole welcomed daughter Layne on her 27th birthday.

Chelsea gushed about life as a mother of three in February 2019.

“I feel like [Layne] is like Cole. I think Aubree is like me and Watson and Layne are like Cole,” she told E! News at the time about her youngest daughter. ”She’s very laid back. She’s easy, she’s smiley, she’s chill, very chill.”

The reality star also gave credit to Aubree and her husband.

“Having Aubree’s help has been amazing. She loves helping. She plays with her brother when I need her to,” Chelsea told the outlet. “I mean, Cole is just great all around. I’m more of the laid-back parent and he’s definitely more paranoid and worried all the time, which is funny because it’s usually the mom, but I mean, he’s so helpful. He changes diapers. He gets in there. He does it all.”

Scroll through for Chelsea and Cole’s relationship timeline:


2014

“He was across at the other pump,” Chelsea recalled to Us in 2015 about the pair’s 2014 meeting. “And I looked, and he was staring at me. We didn’t even talk. We just kept looking at each other because we’re both shy. And then we were passing each other when we left because we lived out towards the same way.”

The MTV star added that she told her friend Cole was The One after seeing him for the first time.

“I went home to my friend and I was like, ‘I just saw the guy I’m going to marry at the gas station, but we didn’t talk,’” she explained. “And a few days later, he contacted me on social media and was like, ‘Hi. I got gas next to you the other day.’ And I was like, ‘Thank you, Jesus.’”

Courtesy of Chelsea Houska/Instagram
2015

After a year of dating, Chelsea told Us that Cole was moving in with her and Aubree. “He’s so good with her,” she told Us in July 2015. “And I seriously am not an emotional person, but I cry all the time because I’m so happy.” 

Courtesy of Chelsea Houska/Instagram
November 2015

Cole got down on one knee in the woods after asking Aubree for permission to propose in November 2015. “Cole asked Aubree if it was okay if he married her mommy,” Chelsea told MTV at the time. “She immediately said ‘Yes, was extremely excited, and gave him a big hug.”

She added that the proposal spot was “personal” to the couple. “He had photos lining the tree,” she explained. “The pictures hanging were of him and I and the three of us as a family.”

Courtesy of Chelsea Houska/Instagram
February 2016

After Adam didn’t show, Cole brought Aubree to the father-daughter dance in February 2016. “I love these two so incredibly much,” Chelsea captioned a photo from the evening via Instagram. “I am so grateful for this man.” 

The father-daughter dance then became a tradition between Cole and Aubree.

Courtesy of Chelsea Houska/Instagram
July 2016

The duo revealed they were expanding their family in July 2016. “Oh my gosh! I’m so excited to finally be launching my website, and I felt like the perfect first post … would be to announce to everyone that baby DeBoer is expected in February 2017!” Chelsea wrote on her blog at the time. “We are beyond excited for this journey and can’t wait to share it with you all! Big sister Aubree is also extremely excited, and it’s no secret that she is hoping for a girl haha.”

Courtesy of Chelsea Houska/Instagram
October 2016

Cole and a then-pregnant Chelsea tied the knot in an intimate ceremony in front of their parents and siblings on October 1, 2016.

Courtesy of Chelsea Houska/Instagram
January 2017

The reality personality gave birth to son Watson Cole in January 2017. “Welcome to the world, sweet boy 💙,” she wrote alongside a photo of her newborn’s fingers at the time.

Courtesy of Chelsea Houska/Instagram
October 2017

The couple celebrated their 1st wedding anniversary by holding a wedding reception in October 2017. 

Courtesy of Chelsea Houska/Instagram
March 2018

Chelsea revealed the duo were expecting baby No. 3 in March 2018. “….GUESS WHAT! A sweet baby girl will be joining the DeBoer clan in a few short months!” she wrote alongside a photo of her ultrasound on Instagram. “We could not be more excited!”

Courtesy of Chelsea Houska/Instagram
August 2018

Chelsea gave birth to daughter Layne on her 27th birthday. “Happy birthday to my sweet perfect wife Chelsea DeBoer @chelseahouska who just gave our family this beautiful blessing!” Cole wrote on Instagram in August 2018. “Sharing the same amazing day I am so in love with our family! Our newest edition Baby Layne!!❤❤”

Courtesy of Chelsea Houska/Instagram
2019

After Chelsea had Aubree’s last name changed to Lind-DeBoer, Cole revealed on a February 2019 episode of Teen Mom 2 that he would adopt his stepdaughter “right now” if that is what Aubree wanted. 

Courtesy of Chelsea Houska/Instagram
April 2019

Chelsea shared a sweet message for her husband’s 30th birthday, posting a series of photos of them as a family. “HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST HUSBAND AND DADDY! You are my entire world and I hope you know how incredible you are,” she captioned her Instagram post. He shared a post thanking her for everything, as well. “Even though my sweet wife spoiled me all out for my birthday. There is one gift that I get to enjoy every single day, and that is the gift of this beautiful family! I am forever grateful and love them with all my heart @chelseahouska,” he wrote.

Courtesy of Chelsea Houska/Instagram
August 2020

In August 2020, Houska posted via Instagram that the pair were expecting their third child together. "One more DeBoer," she wrote. "Coming early 2021."

 

Courtesy of Chelsea Houska/Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luann de Lesseps: 'RHONY' Season 12 Is 'About Redemption' for Me

'Yellowjackets' Season 2 Teaser Features Chilling Flashbacks, Death and More

'Yellowjackets' Creator Hints at Season 2 Premiere Date