Nick Viall’s Season 21 of ‘The Bachelor’: Where Are They Now?

Fourth time wasn’t the charm for Nick Viall … but he makes for an entertaining Bachelor.

Bachelor Nation first met the Wisconsin native during Andi Dorfman’s season 10 of The Bachelorette, which aired in 2014. After finishing as the runner-up, Nick returned for Kaitlyn Bristowe’s season 11 of The Bachelorette. He subsequently made history when he came in second place for the second time. While Nick and Kaitlyn had a rocky relationship after she accepted a proposal from Shawn Booth, he proved they were back on good terms when he joked about his proposal airing on the Bachelor: The Greatest Seasons — Ever! in June 2020.

“It was like waving at someone who’s waving at the person behind … but million times worse. TBH I look back on this time of my life and have nothing but positive memories,” he wrote via Instagram. “I just didn’t think ABC would make us relive the entire failed proposal tomorrow night … It really was a season for the ages. You never know how you view things as time passes. Glad to be able to call KB a good friend!”

While Kaitlyn and Shawn called it quits in November 2018, Nick went on to appear on Bachelor in Paradise season 3. After forming a connection with Jen Saviano, Nick opted to leave the beach solo and fans were shocked when ABC named him the season 21 Bachelor. And while he found love with Vanessa Grimaldi, they called off their engagement several months after the 2017 finale.

Three years later, Nick reunited with several of his contestants to record Patreon episodes of his podcast.

“Seemingly those childish antics I cringe watching back, [but] it was great TV,” Nick said during an episode with runner-up Raven Gates, opening up about the “sex narrative” from the show. “I was fine with the edit, but it’s hard for me to watch back.”

He continued: “Even with Vanessa, we didn’t work out, but I was going to pick her. That’s who I fell for. I was nuts about her and I have no regrets about stuff like that. I had a hard time letting go and enjoying. I felt so responsible for everyone.”

Scroll through for an update on the biggest names from Nick’s season: (Spoiler alert: LOTS of influencers and stints on Bachelor in Paradise ahead.)


Nick Viall

The Dancing With the Stars alum found success in Hollywood, landing a series of scripted roles and near-romances with A-list actresses January Jones and Rachel Bilson.

 

Nick, who hosts his “Viall Files” podcast and owns an essential oils line, Natural Habits, teased he was off the market in June 2020 after he was spotted running with Andi in L.A.

 

“Not dating Andi but I welcomed her to L.A. and she seems to be doing great and she’s into the whole running thing and I’ve been running a lot lately and so, yeah, nice to see her,” he said on his podcast before shutting down Demi Burnett romance rumors too. “But I am not dating either of those two and I’m not going to be dating either of those two and quite frankly it’s something I can safely say about anyone from the Bachelor franchise. They’re great people. I just don’t see it in the cards. I don’t think I could ever say that enough where it will still never come up.”

 

 

Mitch Haaseth/ABC; Terhi Tuovinen/ABC; Kathy Hutchins/Shutterstock
Vanessa Grimaldi

Vanessa announced her engagement to Josh Wolfe in August 2020. “August 9th, 2020 will forever be my favourite DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!! @jbrwolfe YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING AND I CANNOT WAIT TO BE FOREVER AND EVER WITH YOU!!!!!!  #engaged,” the teacher wrote alongside photos from the proposal via Instagram.

 

Nick and Vanessa, meanwhile, reunited for the first time in three years to record an episode of his “Viall Files” podcast a month prior. He subsequently congratulated her on her engagement, writing, “Well thank god I followed you back a week ago to hear this news. Congrats to you two! Lucky guy. ❤️💜.”

 

Mitch Haaseth/ABC; Terhi Tuovinen/ABC; Courtesy of Vanessa Grimaldi/Instagram
Raven Gates

The Arkansas native met and fell in love with Adam Gottschalk during season 4 of Bachelor in Paradise. After the twosome moved to Dallas together, he popped the question in June 2019. Raven confirmed to Us in August 2020 that the pair were forced to replan their nuptials several times amid the coronavirus pandemic.

 

“We have options to elope, we have options to get married and cut down our guest list by, like, 150 people. I’m not doing that; I’m not uninviting people,” the Shop Grey Suade owner said on Us’ “Here for the Right Reasons” podcast. “So I told Adam by December of this year, if there is no end in sight, we’re just going to elope and get married by ourselves. In our house. And if there is a light at the end of the tunnel by December, then we’ll schedule this wedding for the fourth time.”

 

Raven also cohosts the “Girls Night” podcast with Alexis Waters.

Mitch Haaseth/ABC; Courtesy of Raven Gates/Instagram
Rachel Lindsay

Rachel made history as the first Black Bachelorette in 2017. During season 13 of the spinoff, she met and got engaged to Bryan Abasolo, a Miami-based chiropractor. Two years later, the couple exchanged vows in Mexico in August 2019.

 

While the attorney initially went back to practicing law, Rachel has since made a name for herself in the entertainment business, cohosting the “Bachelor Happy Hour” podcast and the “Higher Learning” Ringer podcast. She also hosts MTV’s Ghosted and works as a correspondent for Extra.

 

Mitch Haaseth/ABC; Craig Sjodin/ABC; Evan Agostini/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Corinne Olympios

Corinne followed up her time on Nick’s season with a short stint on Bachelor in Paradise season 4. Not long after production began during the summer of 2017, the show was shut down after a producer reported an incident between Corinne and DeMario Jackson. After a two-week investigation into the claims, Warner Bros found no evidence of misconduct. While BiP continued, Corinne and DeMario did not return.

 

She went on to find love, however, with builder Vincent Fratantoni.

 

Mitch Haaseth/ABC; Shutterstock
Kristina Schulman

Kristina made waves on seasons 4 and 6 of Bachelor in Paradise. During her first stint in Mexico, she was in a love triangle with Dean Unglert and Danielle Lombard.While she and Dean gave their relationship a shot outside of Paradise, they were both single when they returned for season 6 of the show. This time around, however, Kristina was involved in drama with Blake Horstmann, whom she hooked up with at Stagecoach before the season started. The problem was Caelynn Miller-Keyes also spent time with Blake at the music festival. In a shocking turn of events, Caelynn ended up with Dean and Kristina left Mexico solo.

 

“I’m at a point where I’m kind of ready if that person comes into my life, but at the same time, I’m really enjoying staying single and just traveling and focusing on me,” the influencer told Us in October 2019. “I get a little bit of attention and it’s exciting and then I’m like, nevermind. I need to focus on me. So it’s a push and pull a little bit. I’m trying not to focus on that too much.”

Mitch Haaseth/ABC; Courtesy of Kristina Schulman/Instagram
Danielle Maltby

After a brief stint on BiP season 4, Danielle started dating The Challenge’s Paul Calafiore. She subsequently ended up involved in MTV drama as he cheated on her with Cara Maria Sorbello. Both women released alleged text messages exclusively to Us in December 2018, claiming that Paulie was fooling both of them.

 

“I want to vomit because it makes me so sick to think that someone can sit there and spout out these professions of love to me and then hang up the phone and go and f—k someone else. I don’t blame Cara in this,” Danielle told Us at the time.

 

While Paulie and Cara later reconciled, Danielle launched her “WoMed” podcast to talk “all things Women in Medicine.”

 

Mitch Haaseth/ABC; Courtesy of Danielle Maltby/Instagram
Danielle Lombard

After that aforementioned love triangle with Kristina and Dean, Danielle seemingly retired from Bachelor Nation.

 

“At the end of the day, I know how my actions can be perceived on television and I know what really happened,” she told Us in 2017. “And if Kristina and I were close friends and she wasn’t comfortable with me dating Dean, then I would have just backed off. But that wasn’t the case.”

 

Mitch Haaseth/ABC; Courtesy of Danielle Lombard/Instagram
Whitney Fransway

Whitney returned for season 6 of BiP after meeting Connor Saeli at Krystal Nielson and Chris Randone's wedding, which was filmed for the show. While they dated briefly after the show wrapped, Connor confirmed their split in September 2019.

 

Mitch Haaseth/ABC; Courtesy of Whitney Fransway/Instagram
Jasmine Goode

Jasmine appeared on season 4 of BiP before she teased a potential role on Vanderpump Rules with bestie Scheana Shay. “I think it’d be great because you guys do not have anybody that looks anything like me on the show. So No. 1, you need some [Black] representation there,” Jasmine said on Schena’s podcast in August 2020. “The thing about Vanderpump which I love, the reason I would consider it is because it’s not like The Bachelor where it’s all about love. This is your life. You’re filming your life, everyday things, and I think that’s so cool.

Mitch Haaseth/ABC; Courtesy of Jasmine Goode/Instagram
Jaimi King

The chef, who is openly bisexual, reflected on her time on BiP season 4 after Demi Burnett’s love story with Kristian Haggerty played out on season 6.

 

“I think that the franchise is definitely doing it right this time, and I could not be happier with the respectful representation of a fluid cast member,” she wrote for Playboy in 2019. “It’s been nearly three years since my time on The Bachelor, and not much has changed with my family and our lack of communication about my love life. My older sister has since gotten married to a woman, and my parents were not in attendance. That is just something that is never going to change, and there are a lot of queer people who have to deal with the separation of family and personal life in order to keep both. I’ve come to terms with what I can share with my family and what I choose not to—it will never affect the love I have for them.”

 

Mitch Haaseth/ABC; Courtesy of Jaimi King/Instagram
Alexis Waters

The infamous dolphin-shark moved from Jersey to Dallas and lives with boyfriend Tyler Fernandez. While the twosome have been together for more than two years, Alexis told Us on “Here for the Right Reasons” that she isn’t rushing toward an engagement.

 

“The only jewelry that I’m worried about now is hoops,” the Hoop Nation by Alexis founder said. “I mean we’re both hustling hard right now, just focusing on our businesses. We know we’re gonna be together so there’s no rush and he’s he got a little lucky because like I’m young still. So he’s got time.”

 

Mitch Haaseth/ABC; Courtesy of Alexis Waters/Instagram
Taylor Nolan

The therapist found love with Derek Peth on season 4 of BiP. While he proposed at the 2017 reunion show, the twosome went their separate ways in June 2018. The “Let's Talk About it with Taylor Nolan” podcast host teased she had a new love interest, dubbed “Canada man,” in December 2019. 

 

Mitch Haaseth/ABC; Courtesy of Taylor Nolan/Instagram
Astrid Loch

Astrid met Kevin Wendt during season 5 of Bachelor in Paradise. While their relationship on the beach was rocky, they reconnected post-show and he proposed in August 2019. The couple, who live in Canada, confirmed in July 2020 that they were forced to postpone their wedding amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Mitch Haaseth/ABC; Courtesy of Astrid Loch/Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luann de Lesseps: 'RHONY' Season 12 Is 'About Redemption' for Me

'Yellowjackets' Season 2 Teaser Features Chilling Flashbacks, Death and More

'Yellowjackets' Creator Hints at Season 2 Premiere Date