Demi Burnett Talks Kristian Split, New BF, Colton and More: 7 Revelations

Coming clean. Demi Burnett shared her truth pertaining to her split from Bachelor in Paradise costar Kristian Haggerty, her relationship with Colton Underwood, her new boyfriend and more.

The Bachelor alum, 25, spilled all during the Thursday, April 30, episode of the “Almost Famous” podcast with Ben Higgins and Ashley Iaconetti. She went in depth with the fellow Bachelor Nation stars to reveal details of her love life that she has never shared before.

Burnett and Haggerty, 28, got engaged during season 6 of Bachelor in Paradise in 2019. The pair made history as the first same-sex couple to take the step in the franchise. However, their happy ending was short-lived, with the duo announcing their split in October 2019.

“What has always been at the forefront of our relationship is love and care for one another,” Burnett wrote via Instagram at the time. “Our priority is doing what is best for us. With a heavy heart full of love for one another we have decided it is best for us to take a step back from our relationship. We ultimately want what is best for us in the long run and for us right now, that means being apart and growing individually.”

The TV personality added that they “will forever be proud of the impact our love story has made and we hope it has helped others feel more accepted and confident within themselves. We hope it reminded others they aren’t alone and don’t need to be ashamed of who they are.”

Burnett and Haggerty have since remained relatively tight-lipped about the reasons behind their broken engagement. They have both moved on, though.

Us Weekly confirmed in February that Haggerty is dating YouTube star Taylor Blake. Meanwhile, a source revealed at the time that Burnett is “happy” with her new boyfriend, singer Slater Davis. The couples made their respective relationships Instagram official within days of each other.

Elsewhere in the podcast, Burnett addressed Bachelor producers’ role in several key moments of her journey, her friendship with Demi Lovato and her quarantine with Davis. Scroll through to read more about her most noteworthy revelations from the episode.


Kristian’s Orchestrated ‘Paradise’ Arrival

Burnett acknowledged that fans were “justified” for being upset about producers bringing in Haggerty on Bachelor in Paradise. However, she argued that their motives were pure. “I thought what was important was sharing our relationship and our love story and stuff like that, and being able to see … me actually loving somebody and wanting to be with somebody outweighs the minor detail that they did bring in an outsider,” she explained.

ABC/John Fleenor
Demi Lost Her Feelings for Kristian

The reality star detailed why her relationship with Haggerty fell apart. “I wasn’t in it, and she was so in it,” she said. “She was so good to me and that would make me feel guilty ‘cause I was like, ‘I’m not feeling the same anymore and I feel bad that I don’t feel the same anymore because I made a commitment to you. I feel like a garbage human being.’ And yeah, it was really f—king with me and I was f—king with her, and that wasn’t fair to her. She deserved way better than me, and I wanted to be with her more than anything, and I kept trying and I kept trying.”

ABC/John Fleenor
She Was Mad About Kristian’s Proposal

Burnett confessed that Haggerty’s proposal to her during the Bachelor in Paradise reunion made things worse between them. “That made me irritated because … I’m a selfish person sometimes and that was my thing,” she noted. “I was like, ‘I proposed to you,’ you know? And then I was like, ‘Why’d you do it? That makes no sense. People don’t propose to each other like that normally.’ I don’t know. I was being a bitch about it, essentially. … I’m such a brat. I didn’t like the ring at all.”

However, she now feels remorseful for her reaction: “I feel really, really bad about that too because it was a really nice, sweet gesture and I made her probably feel like she shouldn’t have done it or made her feel bad about it. That’s so not fair.”

ABC/John Fleenor
Producers Might Have Forced Her to Call Her Mom With Colton There

At first, Burnett denied that Bachelor producers made Underwood, 28, be present for her first phone call with her mother after her release from prison, but she later changed her answer to “maybe.” She could not remember exactly how the conversation went because she “probably was a little [tipsy].”

MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Quarantine With Her Boyfriend

Burnett raved about Davis’ “incredible” family, with whom they are quarantining. “It’s great,” she gushed. “I get along with everyone super well. The person I probably don’t get along with all the time is just Slater because you just start having stupid little bickers.”

Courtesy of Demi Burnett/Instagram
Her Friendship With Demi Lovato

The two Demis! Burnett described her friendship with the singer, 27, as “wholesome fun” and revealed that they enjoy camping together.

ABC/Eric McCandless
Her Sexuality

The Bachelor in Paradise alum started looking at nude women online in the fifth grade, but she didn’t act on her feelings until freshman year of college.

Rob Latour/Shutterstock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luann de Lesseps: 'RHONY' Season 12 Is 'About Redemption' for Me

'Yellowjackets' Season 2 Teaser Features Chilling Flashbacks, Death and More

'Yellowjackets' Creator Hints at Season 2 Premiere Date